Thursday, January 30, 2014

Messing About with Light

It all started in class when we got to mess about with light. I thought this was something I already knew and felt it was just a waste of time. Once I got my hands on the materials, I was eager to start messing around. Just using a small drawer from IKEA and various sizes and intensities of lights, a light box was created!


The materials all provided a different effect on the way light was reflecting. I almost felt that I was never given the real opportunity to actually play and discover the wonders of light. I found during this whole experience I was learning many big ideas that I never thought could even be related to light. 















My favourite part about the whole experience was creating "a line of light". I found this quite amazing to create and see. It was something I have never had the opportunity to do, and after making it I felt as if I have accomplished a life long childhood dream!

Through this blog I will reference to Kindergarten teacher's social media and build on their ideas using a constructionist approach. A document that will be referred to often is Full-Day Early Learning Kindergarten Program curriculum which can be accessed at http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curriculum/elementary/kindergarten.html.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment